Bart poses with other Kansas University mascots

Send High School and College Transcripts

Send transcripts to the following address:

Barton County Campus
Attn: Enrollment Services
245 NE 30 Rd.
Great Bend, KS 67530

Contact the Enrollment Services Office at for questions.

Official high school and college transcripts must be mailed directly from the granting institution or sent by an electronic transcript service to Barton Community College or, hand delivered in a sealed envelope. The hand delivered transcript must be placed in the school letterhead envelope with the Registrar’s signature or school stamp imprinted on the sealed back flap. Opening the envelope will render that transcript invalid. (No exceptions)

As of April 2020, Barton will accept both emailed or faxed official high school transcripts directly from the high school.  The receipt of official foreign high school transcripts (mailed only) will not change at this time. 

Foreign transcripts must be translated to English.  For any questions regarding the receipt of foreign transcripts contact the Barton Registrar.

All transfer hours will be equated on the semester-hour system. All lower division (freshman and sophomore level) credits earned with a D grade or higher will be posted on the Barton transcript as equivalent courses offered at Barton and calculated into the student’s cumulative grade point average. Transfer credit entered on any student's Barton academic history cannot be removed. Check your MyBarton Portal regularly to review your transfer course credit, especially if you have credit coming from multiple sources.

Barton accepts transfer credit earned at regionally accredited colleges in the United States.  Transfer credits will be accepted from colleges and universities starting from the year they are accredited or hold candidacy status with the Higher Learning Commission, Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education; New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Public Postsecondary Vocational Education, Practical Nursing; North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, Board of Trustees; Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, Oklahoma Board of Career and Technology Education, Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Education, Bureau of Career and Technical Education; Puerto Rico State Agency for the Approval of Public Postsecondary Vocational, Technical Institutions and Programs; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges; Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission.

Transfer credit from institutions recognized by CHEA and/or the US Department of Education are subject for review by the Registrar and the Vice President of Instruction. Transfer credit from non-accredited institutions will not be accepted at Barton. All transfer hours will be equated on the semester-hour system. All credits earned with a D grade or higher will be listed on the Barton transcript and calculated into the student’s cumulative grade point average.

To be eligible for graduation, students must have completed at least 15 resident hours out of the required sixty-four (64) total hours through Summer 2020, and the sixty (60) total hours beginning Fall 2020 from Barton Community College.  Students seeking a certificate from Barton must have completed at least 25% of the required courses from Barton.

When a course taken at another institution is repeated at Barton, the College shall accept the most recent grade to calculate the student’s grade point average or satisfy course and/or graduation requirements.

Students seeking a degree from Barton should meet with their academic advisor prior to sending any post-secondary transcripts to Barton.

Non-degree students are not required to submit transcripts unless it is needed for a course prerequisite. Non-degree seeking student's transcripts will be kept on file and only evaluated as needed and/or as requested by the student.