Barton's Child Development Center is a comprehensive day care program.
Students, faculty, staff and community members with children between the ages of 2 weeks and 12 years have access to the Child Development Center located at the Barton County Campus on a space-available basis. The Center is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. whenever College offices are open. The Center remains open for child care services on Fridays in summer when the Barton County campus offices observe a summer schedule. The Child Development Center is located adjacent to Cottonwood Hall,
The Center is licensed by the State of Kansas to provide care for up to 60 children during each academic semester. The Director of the Child Development Center can be reached at 786-1131 or 792-9360 to provide information about Center enrollment.
The program is based on these concepts and philosophies:
- Children learn the skills necessary for success in school and life at an early age.
- Each child learns at his/her own rate.
- Success in learning will develop the child’s self-image.
- Growth is a sequential and orderly process
- Children pass through stages of development, which occur in a predictable sequence in the physical, affective and cognitive growth domains.
Our responsibility is to assist the child in growing to their fullest potential by recognizing each stage of development and then preparing the curriculum to achieve the goal.
|Age of Child||Duration||Student||College Employee or
|After School||(weekly rate)||$45.00||$45.00|
|School-age children||$1 per trip|
|Preschool (mid-morning)||$2 per trip|
*Each additional child is 5-percent off.*