The business curriculum is designed to provide the general education requirements and core business courses for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, business management & leadership, economics, finance, management, marketing or banking. Consideration must be given to course placement in terms of course offerings, degree of difficulty, continuity, and credits earned. Electives must meet the transfer requirements of your transferring institution. Students should coordinate with the business school of the transfer college or university. Ready to get started? Request a Program Brochure!
- Small classes - one on one attention
- Hands-on classes
- Students leave Barton understanding accounting processes and basic business foundations more than students at the same grade level that started at a university
- All Barton County Campus students prepare for employment by completing a job search project and mock interviews along with essential skills curriculum
Instructors who care in and outside of classroom
- Instructor led study sessions
- Promotes seamless transition to university whether on-campus or online
Barton’s Connection to the Business World
- Opportunities to network with regional businesses
- Employers contact us wanting our students as employees
- Advisory board from the regional business community gives program instructors advice about the program; how we can continually improve to meet current industry standards
- Opportunity to participate in community service through our student driven club “Community Service Organization”
Curriculum Includes “Work Ethics” Components
- Research from industry shows business leaders value strong work and business ethics as well as leadership qualities. Students with these characteristics have the best opportunity for employment.
What are some of our graduates doing?
- Our graduates are working in careers such as: Accounting, Communications, Finance, Marketing & Management, Travel & Tourism, Event Coordination, Education, and Mechanical Supervisor
Associate in Science
Curriculum Guides to Transfer Institutions - Associate in Science
Business - Emporia State University
Curriculum Guide - Kansas State University - College to University Agreement
Business - Kansas State University - (Degree can be completed online!)
Economics - Kansas State University - Bachelor's in General Business)
- General and Operation Managers can expect to earn between $58,230 and $128,580 annually depending on industry and responsibility
- Growth potential varies by industries:
- Highest growth projection is in areas of professional, scientific, and technical services
- Average or above growth in administrative and support services
Source: Kansas Career Pipeline
Visit the What Can I Do with My Major? webpage to find helpful resources on career paths, employers and more!