Kirkman building on campus in Fall

Services Offered for Students with Disabilities

< Back to Student Consumer Information

Services are available to students (on-campus or online) with physical or learning disabilities in order to promote equal educational opportunities. Accommodations are modifications or adjustments that allow students with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from educational programs. Reasonable accommodations are provided on an individualized, as-needed basis. At the college level, students with disabilities must self-declare and provide recent and professional documentation regarding the disability, which should include how the disability affects the student’s academic performance, as well as suggested accommodations. The student must take the first step of self-advocacy by making sure they contact a disability advocate at (620) 786-1102, preferably prior to the start of classes, to allow adequate time for accommodations to be set in place.

Students may contact or

  • Barton Main Campus students can come to the north end of the Learning Resource Center, or call the Barton disability number, (620) 786-1102
  • Fort Riley Campus students can contact the Student Services Office in Building 211, Room 211, or call (785) 784-6606, or call the Barton disability number (620) 786-1102
  • ​BARTonline students can call (855) 509-3367or call the Barton disability number (620) 786-1102

Guide to Disability Services

For more information, see the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights publication “Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities”.