Bart hangs out with a student on campus


Transfer Programs are designed to position you for a successful transfer to a four year college in order to complete a Bachelor's degree.

The earlier you identify your transfer institution, the easier it will be to align your Barton program of study to fit the transfer institution's requirements.

Barton has many Transfer & Articulation Agreements with four year colleges that specifically direct your studies in certain programs for seamless transition from Barton to the transfer school. If none of our Transfer & Articulation Agreements match your educational goals, the Kansas Public Colleges and Universities Transfer Agreement and Articulation Guide will help you to meet the requirements necessary to graduate from Barton and transfer successfully to the public universities in Kansas.

If you plan to transfer outside the state of Kansas, it will be very helpful to identify your transfer institution early and work with that school's guidelines in order to ensure a smooth transfer. Your academic advisor is happy to help, or your may contact the Advisement Center:

Transferring from Barton to Another Institution

Kansas Public Community Colleges - Kansas Public Universities

Course Transfer LogoA student who completes an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree based on a baccalaureate oriented sequence at a state and regionally accredited Kansas public community college, and whose program of study has met the requirements of the Kansas Public Community College-Kansas Public University Transfer Agreement and Articulation Guide, will be accepted with junior standing and will have satisfied the general education requirements of all Kansas public universities.

This voluntary commitment reaffirms the intent to cooperate with sister colleges and universities in matters of student transfer and articulation for the ultimate benefit of all transfer students in the State of Kansas.

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. Visit for more information.

College Agreements 
Programs of Study 
University Websites

For more information about transferring to another institution, please contact your advisor or email the Advisement Center.

College Visits - Barton County Campus

Wed., March 6th 9-1pm, LRC- Wichita State
Tues., April 2nd 9-1pm, LRC-Wichita State


SPRING TRANSFER FAIR - 19+ colleges attending: February 8. 2024, 11:00am - 1:00pm, Student Union


Reverse Transfer Agreements

Reverse TransferStudents who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. Visit the Kansas Board of Regents Reverse Transfer webpage for more information. 

Currently Barton has signed Reverse Transfer Agreements with Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University, and Wichita State University.  If you are currently enrolled at FHSU, KSU, or WSU and transferred at least 45 Barton hours and did not earn a degree from Barton you may qualify. If you have any questions please contact your current University Registrar or send an email to

Transferring to Barton

Students seeking a certificate/degree from Barton should meet with their academic advisor prior to sending any post-secondary transcripts to Barton. Visit the Transcript Request and Information webpage for further instructions.

High School to Barton Community College

Barton Community College has established state-wide articulation agreements to assist secondary (high school) students in continuing their education.  Articulation agreements provide a systematic, seamless student transition process from secondary to postsecondary (community colleges) education that maximizes the use of resources and minimizes content duplication.

What is State-Wide Articulation?

Articulation offers high school students the opportunity to earn Barton Community College academic credit for approved high school educational experiences based upon evaluation of curriculum conducted by faculty at both the secondary and post-secondary level and approved by Kansas Department of Education.

Program Objectives

  • To encourage high school students to pursue a post-secondary education
  • To reduce repetition of mastered competencies between levels of education
  • To provide a smooth transition from one level of education to the next
  • To build mutual respect and trust between faculty at both educational levels
  • Encourages reevaluation and upgrading of course curriculum through continued communication within subject areas disciplines
  • Increases enrollment and retention in specific vocational areas

Statewide Agreements

For more information about transferring to Barton from High School, please contact Krystall Barnes at (620) 792-9332 or