At Barton, we want our students to feel comfortable with their surroundings and familiar with campus before classes begin. Some information is for housing students while other information is for the general population. Student activities are open for the student population. A printable version of the orientation schedule below is also available.
Saturday & Sunday, August 16 & 17
Housing Opens, Check-in: 1–5 p.m. in the Union
Saturday, August 16
Welcome for Student Housing Residents, 6 p.m. The Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF) will have a meal in the Commons
Wichita Airport Pickup, 2:30 p.m. Barton bus will arrive at the Wichita Airport to bring students to campus.
Reservations needed. Non-Athlete: (620) 792-9271, Athlete: (620) 792-9377
Sunday, August 17
Food Service starts for housing residents in the Union, Brunch: 12–12:45 p.m., Dinner: 5–5:30 p.m.
Housing Meeting - required for campus residents, 6:30 p.m. Fine Arts Auditorium
Monday, Aug. 18
Student Orientation for the Non-Athlete, 8:30 a.m. Meet in the upper level of the Union (outside the bookstore), 9-11:25 a.m. Sessions
Ice Cream Social, 8–9 p.m. in the Union
Tuesday, August 19
Student Orientation for Athletes, 8:30 a.m. Meet in the Kirkman Activity Center, 9-11:25 a.m. Sessions
Wednesday, August 20
Meet & Greet, 7–10 p.m. Outside Dance–between Union & Fine Arts Building
View more student activities at www.bartonccc.edu/studentlife!
It’s impossible to cover all topics at student orientation. This additional information covers topics that will help students get a better start with college and making good decisions.
- Alcohol & Drugs
- Balance Your Life
- Campus Phone Directory
- Computers & Living in Housing
- Courtesy Emergency Phones
- Finding Your Place at College
- Identity Theft
- Important Topics to Discuss with Your Roommate
- Residence Halls Wireless Network Instructions
- Staying Safe on Campus
Welcome to Barton!
For some, this will be your first experience and for others the path is not new as your adult child starts another phase of their education. The information below is a good resource for all parents.
- Great Bend Information – This has a wide range of information from things to do, to shopping, to airport service and auto repair, banks, hospitals, etc.
- Dates to Remember – Campus Closings, Advisement Days, Final Exam Days, etc.
- First Weeks of College – An idea of what the first time parent of a college student might experience.
- Parent Guide Brochure – Covers transition time, academics, finances, wellness, your evolving relationship, student services, etc.
- Phone Directory
View all Campus Maps.