Welcome! When you arrive on campus, it will be a very busy time but you will settle in just fine. We start off with housing move-in. If you aren't a campus resident, don't stop reading. There's something for everyone to make this campus their own and get familiar with their new surroundings before classes start. View a printable version of the orientation schedule to bring with you.
Friday & Saturday, August 12-13, 2016
Housing Opens - Check-in: 1 p.m.–6 p.m. in the Union (Speed up your check-in by following the instructions to register for RAVE)
Friday, August 12: Welcome for Housing Residents - 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF) will serve a meal in the Commons Building located in Sunflower Halls.
Saturday - Sunday, August 13-14, 2016
Food Services starts for housing residents in the Union. Brunch: 12 p.m.-12:45 p.m. Dinner: 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
Monday, August 15, 2016
Food Service Adjusted Hours Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m. Lunch: 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Dinner: 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
Student orientation for the Non-Athlete-8 a.m. and meet in the upper level of the Union (in front of the bookstore). 8:15 a.m.-11:25 a.m.: Six sessions on different topics you need to know.
Housing Meeting at 6:30 p.m. required for housing residents in the Union
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Food Service Adjusted Hours - Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m. Lunch: 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Dinner: 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
Student Orientation for the Athlete - 8 a.m. and meet in the main gym in the Physical Education Building. 8:15 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.: Six sessions on different topics you need to know.
Ice Cream Social & Photo Booth in the Union 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Ice Cream Social 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Photo Booth
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Food Service Regular Hours
Please register for the Student Orientation by going to your bartoncougars.org email account. The email will have the Subject Line: Barton Orientation. Register for orientation now.
View more student activities at www.bartonccc.edu/studentlife!
It’s impossible to cover all topics at student orientation. This additional information covers topics that will help students get a better start with college and making good decisions.
- Alcohol & Drugs
- Balance Your Life
- Campus Phone Directory
- Computers & Living in Housing
- Copyrighted Material and File Sharing
- Courtesy Emergency Phones
- Finding Your Place at College
- Identity Theft
- Important Topics to Discuss with Your Roommate
- Movie Streaming in Resident Halls
- Staying Safe on Campus
- Use of Computers/College Computing and Information Systems
Welcome to Barton!
For some, this will be your first experience planning and making arrangement for your adult child to attend college and for others the path is not new as your adult child starts another phase of their education. The information below is a good resource for all parents.
- Great Bend Information – This has a wide range of information from things to do, to shopping, to airport service and auto repair, banks, hospitals, etc.
- Dates to Remember – Campus Closings, Advisement Days, Final Exam Days, etc.
- First Weeks of College – An idea of what the first time parent of a college student might experience.
- Parent Guide Brochure – Covers transition time, academics, finances, wellness, your evolving relationship, student services, etc.
- Phone Directory
View all Campus Maps.