For information on Fort Riley Campus graduation ceremony on TBD, please visit their website or contact the Fort Riley Office at (785) 784-6606. For information on Fort Leavenworth Campus graduation ceremony on TBD, please visit their website or contact the Fort Leavenworth Office at (855) 590-3374.
Great Bend Campus Graduation Ceremony
May 15, 2015
- Cap/Gowns: May be picked up April 21 - May 12 in the upper level of the Kirkman Building in the ticket booth from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be extended hours to pick up caps/gowns on April 21 and 28 from 5 - 6:30 p.m., same location. Nothing may be allowed on cap/gown.
- Phi Theta: Members should pick up sashes from Kathy Boeger.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda: See Deanna Stevens.
- Graduation Announcements: Available for purchase online only at www.cbgrad.balfour.com
- Notify for handicap seating: Please notify our office, 620-792-9212 as soon as possible to reserve.
Graduation Night Instructions
- Check in - lower level of Kirkman Building, 5:30 pm - Please do not bring any unnecessary items, i.e., purses, coats, etc.
- Prior to entering gym, you will be lining up by degree - College employees will assist with this task.
- Processional - Order of March - stage crew, speakers, graduates, and faculty
- Upon entering gym, come up middle aisle; graduate chairs will be to the right of the on stage podium. Ushers will guide you into the rows.
- Stand in front of chair and remain standing for Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance - Men take off your caps during. You may sit after both have been completed.
- Vice President of Instruction and Student Services will present the class and confer degrees.
- Person to the far right will lead each row out. Line up parallel to the bleachers on the right. As you approach the podium, hand your card to the person reading the names.
- Do not rush the line, wait until the person in front of you has had their name read and proceed.
- Accept your diploma with your left hand; shake hands with the right hand.
- No photos allowed on the floor during the ceremony.
- Proceed all the way to the last row of faculty and come back up the center aisle and remain standing until all graduates in your row have returned.
- Recessional - After the benediction the music will begin and the stage group will exit. The faculty will form a receiving line on either side of the center aisle. The graduates in the first row to the far right will begin down the aisle and each row will fall in behind, beginning with the graduate on the far right of the second row. Once again an usher will come forth to direct you.
- Summer and Fall graduates who have already received a diploma cover, please leave your cover on your seat.
- Honors and Highest Honors: Based upon cumulative GPA through the fall semester and if you transferred hours to Barton, those hours have been calculated into your GPA. Your final GPA and graduation status is contingent upon successful completion of your spring semester courses. The final results will post on your diploma and transcript. If you have received academic clemency for any grade, you are not eligible for honors. Students awarded certificates are not eligible for honors.
Honors = 3.5 to 3.69 GPA Highest = 3.7 to 4.0 GPA
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in June/July. They will be mailed to the legal address that is listed on your graduation application unless provided with a different address by the graduate.
- Transcripts: Are not sent automatically, please submit your written request to Enrollment Services, along with $5 for each transcript requested. To ensure your transcript indicates degree comments, indicate on the request form to "hold for degree comments." Find more information on the Transcript Request page.
- Please contact Enrollment Services with any questions, (620) 792-9212.