Bart giving a thumbs

Get Ahead Program

With principal/counselor permission and time during the high school day, you can build any college class into your schedule.  These classes offer you the experience of campus or videoconferencing classes with traditional and non-traditional students.  You will be exposed to college conversations and subject matter. 

Explore using our Course Search.

Get Ahead Program (GAP) classes are offered on the Barton County Campus in the afternoon.  These classes include a mixture of general education and career technical options.  Most classes meet either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, from 1:45-3:00 pm.

Great Bend High School students who have General Psychology included on their high school schedules are expected to enroll in the GAP offering of the course.  

Classes have size limits, and space in the class is not guaranteed.  Enroll now and reserve your seat!

Open seats for these General Psychology classes are now available over Zoom.

Mondays & Wednesdays, 1:45 - 3:00, Course Reference Number (CRN):  11359

Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:45 - 3:00, Course Reference Number (CRN):  11426

How to Get Started:

Choose your class.

Check with your high school counselor to make sure GAP classes will work with your high school schedule.


  • By Phone
    • Contact Enrollment Services at (620) 792-9252.  Leave a message if unable to reach a representative.


  • Online
    • Never taken a Barton class before? Apply for Admission then complete the enrollment directions below
    • Have you taken a Barton class before/Know your Barton ID?
      • Sign into your My Barton Portal
      • Choose PAWS
      • Click Student tab
      • Choose Enrollment/Registration  
      • Add/Drop Classes
      • Choose the Fall 2020 Semester
      • Enter Course Reference Number for the class you've chosen (listed above)
      • Submit Changes
      • Look for the confirmation message on the screen

Pay for class(es)

  • $113 per credit hour - Barton County Resident
  • $120 per credit hour - Non Barton County Resident