Whether you explore a new museum, live stream a favorite artist’s concert, or learn the latest TikTok dance, there are many fun activities to participate in while also following the guidelines of social distancing. Here’s a list of fun, virtual activities to check out when you have free time.
Art, Music, and Culture
Check out Billboard’s list of live streams and virtual concerts. They are updating regularly, so be sure to check back for your favorite artist!
Need a little joy in your life? Stream one of 70 episodes of Bob Ross’s “The Joy of Painting” for free.
Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home.
Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 musical TV shows to binge-watch while you’re home.
Create a collaborative playlist with your friends.
Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting.
Make a vision board.
Fitness and Wellness
Missing group fitness classes or going to the gym? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day.
Is Yoga more your thing? Check out CorePower Yoga to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room.
For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations.
Try one of these yummy recipes using pantry staples!
Things feeling cluttered? Use time at home to organize computer files, back up digital photos, and unsubscribe from unnecessary emails.
Virtual Tours and Museums
Experience the best museums and historical sites in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
National Gallery of Art
Metropolitan Museum of Art
National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
Van Gogh Museum
National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and five other national parks.
Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China.
Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
San Diego Zoo
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute
Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
More Fun Things To Do!
Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
Need a new book to read? Check out your local library to borrow an ebook.
Download an app like DuoLingo and try learning a new language.
Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from over 1,500 coloring pages with Just Color.
Learn a TikTok dance. Our favorite is Renegade!
Virtual Community Service
Virtual service is a type of volunteerism that allows you to share your time and talents as members through service away from any physical site of an organization or project.
Be My Eyes: Be of service to those who are visually impaired through FaceTime
- Charity Miles: Earn money for the charity of your choice by walking
- School in the Cloud: provide guidance and inspiration for children abroad
- Free rice: Answer questions to donate rice to people in need
- DoSomething.org: All you need to make a difference is an internet connection.
Entertainment, Creative Arts, and DIY
- Coloring books depicting over 100 museums art collections
- Online art classes (15-20 minute sessions)
- 15 Broadway plays and musicals you can watch from home
- Already have Netflix? If so you can enjoy movies with friends/family anywhere with Netflix Party
- Journaling or Photo Journaling! We are living during unprecedented times. Journaling is a great outlet and useful opportunity to capture all the emotions and changes that are happening.
- Learn a new recipe with one of the many virtual cooking classes being offered online.